There are many videos, books and trainings on motivation. People are searching for it all the time. But how do you start doing something and not give up? There are a few ways:
1) Find a workout partner. Joint trainings, support and exchange of ideas are truly crucial elements that influence your motivation. It is much easier to stay in shape if you have a partner. Ask your friends and family, and if they’re not interested, just ask somebody at your local gym. Working every day at a fitness club, I see a lot of people who are looking for partners to train with who are on a similar level. At one point, I too had to break the fear of working out with a stranger (there was nothing to be afraid of!) and later discovered the advantages of it. Nowadays, I love working out this way! If I work out with somebody, I do it to the fullest. I just feel uncomfortable not trying my best if my partner watches me and they put 100% into their workout. Here at CityFit, we have social groups where you can always ask somebody if they’d like to join you for a joint training session. Try it out! It’s easier than it seems J
2) Look for inspiration on the Internet. Go online and search for blogs run by fit people. Maybe you’ll get inspired by one of them? It’s a wonderful thing, being able to watch a person taking care of themselves well. Maybe they have interesting meal alternatives, or some cool workout programs? It’s a way to learn and gain additional knowledge too. A little more and you’ll be leading a fit lifestyle yourself! Remember – endorphins are addictive! J
3) Visualization – think a lot about how you’d like to look. It’s nothing new that people achieve what they set their minds to. Maybe you’ve got pictures of your dream body or figure? Set motivating pictures as your computer background, pin them up over your desk and on the refrigerator. If you have your goal in front of you all the time, it will help avoid temptations.
4) Be good to yourself – don’t judge yourself too harshly if you don’t stick to your diet or skip a workout when you’re not feeling too well. Remember, there is no easy way to getting the perfect body. We’re only human. Sometimes we fail (hopefully not too often). It’s good to reward yourself after accomplishing even a small goal – maybe with some new active wear, or a heart rate monitor? The worst thing you can do is to give up after your first failure. Sometimes, if you want to achieve your goals, it’s necessary to take two steps back and draw some new conclusions. What’s important is that you learn from your mistakes, pick yourself up and keep on fighting!
5) Don’t look back – if you’ve tried to lose weight and have been failing for years, you might feel demotivated from the very beginning. But don’t pay attention to the past, it’s not worth it. Today is a new day and you have a brand-new chance to take a big step forward. The past doesn’t matter – what matters is the here and now!
6) Train under the supervision of professionals – if you have tried losing weight but still lack motivation and don’t know where to start, just ask a personal trainer. A good personal trainer is a guarantee of your success. It’s somebody who can show you how to start your weight-loss journey, but also a person that’ll motivate you and won’t let you give up.