Advantages of using glutamine:
• increases the synthesis of muscle protein by supplying the body with nitrogen, which fosters muscle building processes
• improves your mood and physique by boosting hormone levels (just 2g of glutamine increases HGH levels by up to 4 times)
• helps reduce muscle catabolism during training
• improves endurance by increasing glycogen levels
• speeds up muscle regeneration
• reduces the risk of illness by strengthening the immune system
• prevents overtraining during long exercise cycles even with heavy loads (glutamine levels are a great indicator of body’s anabolic state)
• improves brain and mental functions
• reduces alcohol and sugar cravings
• keeps your digestive system healthy
• boosts the immune system
• strengthens your heart
Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) are important supplements that help improve post-training regeneration. Amino acids contain leucine, valine and isoleucine used in protein synthesis and muscle regeneration. Since BCAAs cannot be synthesized naturally in a sufficient amount, it is important to provide them artificially.
· reduce muscle catabolism
· speed up muscle recovery
· reduce post-workout soreness
· help burn fat
· instantly provide muscle tissue with amino acids
· stimulate the production of anabolic hormones
The herb Ashwagandha was used as a multi-purpose drug in traditional Indian medicine mainly to treat rheumatism, coughs and skin diseases as well as improve memory and combat fatigue. The medicinal properties of Ashwagandha are numerous:
· boosts the immune system
· strengthens the nervous system
· shows rejuvenating properties – slows down ageing, prevents graying of hair
· enhances athletic performance
· improves psychometric skills and reaction time
· regulates the endocrine system – stimulates the thyroid
· strengthens the circulatory system, helps combat anemia, facilitates the flow of nutrients to cells, improves blood parameters (increases hemoglobin levels, lowers cholesterol, triglycerides, LDL and sugar levels; acts as an antidiabetic, stimulates the increase of HDL cholesterol levels)
· strengthens muscles – improves muscle tension, reduces inflammation. Its anabolic properties facilitate muscle growth in convalescents (people recovering after an illness)
· improves respiratory functions (helps treat asthma and allergies); alleviates rhinitis and cough; boosts kidney, liver and pancreas functions
· shows diuretic properties; increases sodium excretion
· reduces swelling
Berberine is a powerful supplement which:
• improves insulin sensitivity
• reduces sugar absorption
• helps restore intestinal flora
• reduces glucose production in the liver
• speeds up weight-loss
• helps burn energy reserves stored in tissues
• accelerates fat-loss
• increases insulin production in the pancreas
• exhibits anti-inflammatory properties
• acts as an antioxidant
• protects tissues from damage caused by free radicals
• reduces the risk of coronary artery diseases
• prevents complications arising from diabetes
• reduces total cholesterol and LDL levels
• lowers triglycerides levels
• increases HDL cholesterol levels
• protects your heart
• boosts lipid metabolism
· Vitamin C
Apart from acting as a powerful antioxidant, Vitamin C increases collagen production in connective tissue and helps regenerate skin, tendons and blood vessels. It reduces lactic acid built-up in muscles after exercising.
· Vitamin D
Helps build strong bones and muscles by improving calcium absorption. Reduces inflammation and boosts the immune system.
· Vitamin E
Apart from improving blood circulation, vitamin E helps rid the body of creatine phosphokinase (CPK) – a protein produced during intensive training. In high doses, CPK can be a sign of muscle damage. Vitamin E prevents cell damage caused by oxygen free radicals.
· B-group vitamins
B Vitamins help with muscle recovery and the development of new cells. Vitamin B deficiency can cause body aches and muscle cramps.
· Vitamin A
Vitamin A plays an important part in maintaining healthy vision. It boosts the immune system and improves organ function.
Beside maintaining proper calcium homeostasis, magnesium helps with cell regeneration, regulates skeletal development, improves blood coagulation and immune responses. Not only does it strengthen the cardiovascular system, it also prevents vein inflammations after surgical procedures. It has anti-stress, anti-anaphylactic and anti-inflammatory properties. Magnesium lowers cholesterol levels and protects the heart.
Potassium ensures proper muscle and nervous system function. It facilitates better mental skills by improving brain oxygenation. Potassium takes part in blood pressure regulation and is responsible for proper kidney function and healthy water balance.